IN THE LOOP / OCTOBER
DO YOU KNOW:
IDIPIC’s Th!nk, Don’t Drink or Drug presentation will be returning to all public middle schools on Whidbey this fall? Red Ribbon Week — October 23-31 — is a great time for health or science teachers to schedule this engaging and informative class!
IDIPIC raised $3,594.44 during its Keep It a Safe Summer campaign. Since we missed our goal of $5,000, IDIPIC is extending the campaign and accepting donations to mid-October. They can be sent to IDIPIC, POB 358, Oak Harbor WA 98277. Most of the KISS funding was made possible by our returning event sponsors Farmers Insurance/Voit Agency, Harada Physical Therapy, HomePlace Special Care Center, Martin’s Auto Electric, Munros’ Driving Instruction, Oak Harbor Les Schwab Tire Center, State Farm/Landry Agency, Tradewinds Insurance, Whidbey Weekly and Island Thrift. Thank you Partners in Prevention!
Psssssssst….if you haven’t gotten the word, IDIPIC provides DUI/Underage Drinking Prevention panels… just a phone call or email away. For current information on this potentially lifesaving training check HERE. DON’T CALL MADD as there is NO MADD CHAPTER on Whidbey. IF you call the state office, they call us. IDIPIC’s award-winning All Hands DUI prevention panels provided free thanks to community funding. Details HERE. If your command had an IDIPIC panel more than two years ago or never had one, contact us HERE to get more info or to reserve one.
October: the 1st in Freeland, the 20th and 29th in Oak Harbor.
– For future panel dates and times, check the schedule HERE.
– Details for Drivers Ed. & Parents, check HERE.
– For offenders, check HERE.
– Looking for panels in other counties? Look HERE.
PARTNERS IN PREVENTION
Welcome back to China City Restaurants and Whidbey Coffee as returning Partners in Prevention. See all our Partners HERE.
RECENT COMMUNITY ACTIVITY
Great weather and great turnout for Children’s Day in Langley September 24. Dozens of children and adults stopped by IDIPIC’s booth to play our trivia game where everybody wins: know the answer, get a prize; don’t know the answer, get a prize AND knowledge. 🙂
to our September panelists Kaylea Souza, Trooper Dave Martin, Kate Rogers, Marc Boucher (twice) and Camille Brighten AND our helpers Phyllis Rainey, Robyn Meehan, Rick Blank and Debbie Kulz.
– COMBINED FEDERAL CAMPAIGN The CFC kickoff is October 5 at the CPO Club from 1 to 2 pm. Stop by and see our display if you can. CFC pledges to IDIPIC provides needed funding of the organization prevention work via its panels, school and community programs. If you are a federal employee, please consider a pledge to IDIPIC! Our CFC # is 98068. If you’ve already pledged, thank you!
– Be Safe Be Seen on Halloween returns Sunday October 23 to Walmart from 11 a.m. to 5pm. Since 2001, Oak Harbor Wal-Mart and IDIPIC have teamed up for this community service to help keep trick-or-treaters safe. Free reflective trick-or-treat bags are given away along with reflective costume stickers and candy. Plus a treat for drivers: glow-in-the-dark designated driver key fobs.